Advantage Dental from DentaQuest
Quality Oral Health Care for Oregon's Families
One of the largest Oregon Health Plan (OHP) providers in the NW
Advantage Dental from DentaQuest is geographically and numerically one of the largest Dental Care Organizations in the state of Oregon, providing dental services for nearly 320,000 Oregon Medicaid enrollees in areas where dental care is difficult to access.
Advantage Dental from DentaQuest believes that everyone deserves the same quality care no matter the payment plan or insurance type. Relentlessly dedicated to the mission: To improve the oral health of all, Advantage Dental provides patients with better care, timely education, greater access, innovative solutions, and transformative system change. This unique industry leading approach to dentistry is called Preventistry®. This approach ensures families in Oregon receive the best care possible.
History of Advantage Dental
- Advantage Dental was founded in 1994 by a group of dentists concerned with the lack of access to dental care in rural Oregon. The model they created addressed this concern by providing service and access to care, along with dental leadership for their communities in a sustainable, entrepreneurial and professional manner.
- Advantage Dental began as a dental insurance company, selling insurance products to individuals and groups throughout Oregon. In 2009, Advantage sold their insurance book of business to PacificSource, a northwest insurance company that serves Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Montana. Advantage continues to partner with PacificSource by credentialing and managing their network of dental providers. The Advantage Dental network is the provider network for PacificSource Health Plans.
- In 2009, Advantage Dental purchased 13 dental practices from Hayden Family Dental. Since this time, the number of practices has grown to over 50 locations strategically located throughout Oregon to ensure access to care for all Oregonians.
- In 2016, Advantage Dental partnered with DentaQuest, a Boston based company managing dental benefits for over 24 million Americans, dedicated to improve the oral health of all. This partnership strengthened the ability of both companies to advance shared desires to bring quality dental care to all members of the communities they serve.
- In 2017, Access Dental Plan, LLC was added to the Advantage Dental and DentaQuest family of companies. The acquisition of Access Dental added ten dental practices and a nationally accredited ambulatory surgery center.
- In 2018, Advantage Dental re-branded to Advantage Dental from DentaQuest.