Information About Florida Dental Insurance
Interested in Dental Coverage Provided by Florida Medicaid or TriCare?
At our dental facility, we accept both Medicaid and TriCare dental coverage. We are committed to providing high-quality dental services to all patients, regardless of their insurance coverage or financial situation. Our staff is dedicated to working with patients to find the best dental solutions for their individual needs, and we offer a range of services to support the oral health and well-being of our patients.
Medicaid is a government-sponsored health insurance program that provides dental coverage for eligible low-income families and individuals. In Florida, Medicaid dental coverage includes a range of services such as cleanings, fillings, extractions, and dentures. Medicaid also covers dental services for children, including orthodontic treatment.
Eligibility for Medicaid is based on income and other factors, such as citizenship and residency status. To qualify for Medicaid coverage in Florida, you must meet the following requirements:
- Income: Your income must be at or below 138% of the federal poverty level (FPL). The FPL changes each year, so it's important to check the current income guidelines.
- Citizenship and Residency: You must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or have satisfactory immigration status. You must also be a resident of the state of Florida.
- Age and Disability: Children, pregnant women, and adults aged 65 and over may be eligible for Medicaid coverage. In addition, individuals who are disabled or who require long-term care may also be eligible for Medicaid coverage.
- Other Factors: Other factors that may impact Medicaid eligibility include household size, marital status and whether you have any dependents.
It's important to note that there are certain exemptions and exceptions to the eligibility requirements. For example, children under the age of 19 may be eligible for Medicaid coverage regardless of their family's income level. Additionally, individuals who have certain medical conditions or who require certain types of medical care may be eligible for Medicaid coverage even if they don't meet the income requirements.
For those seeking additional resources and information about dental coverage in Florida, there are a variety of options available. The Florida Department of Children and Families provides information about Medicaid eligibility and dental coverage, as well as resources for applying for Medicaid coverage. The Florida Dental Association also provides information and resources for individuals seeking dental care in Florida.
TriCare is a health insurance program for military personnel and their families, which includes dental coverage. TriCare covers a range of dental services, including routine cleanings, fillings and oral surgery. In Florida, TriCare dental coverage is available to eligible military service members, retirees, and their families.
To be eligible for TriCare dental coverage in Florida, you must fall into one of the following categories:
- Active Duty Service Members: Active duty service members are automatically enrolled in TriCare dental coverage.
- National Guard or Reserve Members: National Guard or Reserve members and their families are eligible for TriCare dental coverage if they are on active-duty orders for more than 30 days.
- Retired Service Members and Their Families: Retired service members and their families are eligible for TriCare dental coverage if they are enrolled in a TriCare health plan.
- Medal of Honor Recipients and Their Families: Medal of Honor recipients and their families are eligible for TriCare dental coverage.
In addition to meeting one of the above eligibility requirements, you must also be enrolled in a TriCare health plan in order to receive TriCare dental coverage. There are several different TriCare health plans available, including TriCare Prime, TriCare Select, and TriCare Reserve Select.
If you are eligible for TriCare dental coverage in Florida, you will have access to a range of dental services, including routine cleanings, fillings and oral surgery. To learn more about TriCare dental coverage and eligibility requirements in Florida, you can visit the TriCare website or contact a local TriCare office.
If you have any questions or would like more information about dental coverage through Medicaid or TriCare, or our dental services, please contact us today. We are here to support you on your journey to optimal oral health and a bright smile.
Advantage Dental+ does not determine eligibility for these or any other insurance programs or plans. Coverage may vary depending on the health plan and individual oral health needs. For current coverage, eligibility requirements and enrollment information, please contact the insurance provider directly. Advantage Dental+ cannot guarantee that a service will be covered by your plan.